They say that knowledge is power and this couldn't be more true when it comes to looking at content marketing. If you don't update and keep your content fresh your competitors will be. So arm yourself with this interesting stats and do something about it today!
- The average time a reader spends on articles is 37 seconds. This is a very small window of opportunity to write engaging, captivating content. Aim to make your readers stay on your article until the end!
- 47% of buyers consume between 3 and 5 pieces of content before talking to a sales rep. We are a generation of researchers. We are far more likely to search for information through the internet before weighing up our options and making that initial contact. Making it easy for your customers to engage with you and how they would like to engage with you is key. Ensure contact details are easy to find, do you have an online chat facility? Is someone there to pick up the phone if they call? Do you have a call back option?
- 95% of buyers are willing to share their name, company and email address in return for content. So, make content public, easy to access and free.
- 60% of marketers repurpose and reuse content so chances are that you already have the bones of your next campaign.
- 62% of companies outsource their content marketing. If you need a computer fixing you call in a specialist, why should your content marketing be any different.
- Only 54% of B2B marketers are using content to “delight” and build loyalty with existing clients/customers. What is the point in providing content unless you are delighting your customers? Are you really writing with your customer in mind or just providing information that you feel you should?
- Only 37% of people dedicated time to producing social media story content in the past year. Social media is something that everyone uses every single day. Social media should almost be top of your list for customer engagement.
- Content marketing considerably outperforms paid search. Researchers have been able to show that content marketing generates about 3 times more leads.
- About 90% of B2B buyers have expressed that online content greatly influences their purchasing decisions. We all have magpie syndrome when it comes to buying. Shiny catches the eye and your content should be no different.
- Webinar marketing is an excellent content strategy. About 20-40% of attendees usually become leads. Webinars have become so popular over the last couple of years and you can see why. All of a sudden, instead of having to travel the length and breadth of the company to deliver your message to customers, you are able to do this to several customers all at once. Customers feel a part of your message and are far more likely to engage with you further because of this.
Food for thought?