In the world we live in right now there has never been a bigger focus on sanitizing and disinfecting everything to ensure we stay healthy and germ free. How many things in this list do you forget to clean?
- Door Handles. Touched by everyone in the household and rarely cleaned, handles are often overlooked. Make sure to clean your entrance door handles too as these will harbour germs bought in from outside.
- Remote Controls. Considered one of the dirtiest items in your home and rarely, if at all, cleaned.
- Handbags. How often do you put your bag on the floor of a restaurant or bathroom? The bottom of your handbag is festering with germs, especially if you then put it on a table or counter when you get home!
- Hand and dish towels. How often do you change your towels? You should be changing them every other day.
- Light switches. Used all the time and touched by everyone in the household.
- Toothbrushes and holders. Dentist recommend changing your toothbrush every 3 months and after a cold, but don’t forget to clean the holders too.
- Mobile devices. These carry an incredible number of germs and you should be wiping the screens regularly. Don’t forget that every time you answer a call on your phone that you are transferring those germs from your hands to your face!
- Toys. Fluffy toys, especially a child’s favourite bear or doll is harbouring a ton of germs. It gets dragged around the floor, gathers dust and collects all number of germs. Most are machine washable nowadays.
- Keys. They go everywhere with us and we don’t think twice about wiping them down.
- Credit and store cards. Imagine how many germs they pick up from store to store.
What did you score?